- Located in the heart of Santa Cruz, Main/Cowell Beach is the most popular beach for Santa Cruz family vacationers. With plenty of excitement on the boardwalk and California’s oldest amusement theme park, Main Beach is great fun. This beach is perfect for beginner surfers, volleyball players and joggers.
- Visit Capitola, one of the prettiest city beaches in the area. Capitola Beach is great for boogie boarding, surfing, volleyball, swimming. It is almost always busy which makes for good people watching.
- New Brighton is one of the most visited state beaches in California. It is great for swimming and fishing with camping areas nearby.
- Check out Moran Lake Park for good surfing and fishing.
- Natural Bridges State Beach is an excellent vantage point for viewing birds, migrating whales, seals and otters playing offshore.
- Pleasure Point Beach is an extremely beautiful beach and a great surf spot. A good place to learn to surf is just past the East jetty.
- Santa Cruz Harbor Beach offers a lifeguard, volleyball, food stands, and shopping opportunities.
- Take your dog to Seabright Beach as dogs are permitted on leash. There are also fire pits for barbecuing, a lighthouse and a cave.
Regardless of the beaches you choose to visit, you’ll enjoy our coastline during your Santa Cruz vacation.
Planning a vacation? Why not come to Santa Cruz?From birds to golf to beaches, it’s a favorite vacation destination of travelers the world over.
Check our our Santa Cruz vacation rentals. Why stay in a hotel, when you can have the comforts of home?